American Red Cross WNY Pillowcase Project
*The event has already taken place on this date: Thu, 12/10/2020
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
The Red Cross is offering FREE virtual youth disaster preparedness presentations for elementary-aged students in your area! Students will receive an age-appropriate presentation and fun digital resources to help teach them how to stay safe during a disaster.
The Pillowcase Project presentation, for students in grades 3-5 (ages 8-11), is a 45-60 minute classroom-based presentation that teaches students to:
- Identify the best ways to stay safe during emergencies
- Identify the best ways to prevent and stay safe during a home fire.
- Use coping skills to help manage stress during emergencies and in everyday situations.
- Gain confidence in their abilities to be prepared for emergencies through interactive virtual activities.
- Use their knowledge to act as advocates for emergency preparedness in their homes and communities.
- Discuss the role science plays in emergency preparedness.
If you are interested in joining The Pillowcase Presentation please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the WebEx Event link.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.